Tuesday, March 10, 2009

PFP, yeah you know me

Well gosh a lot has happened since that last wimpy blog post.

Let's just say that in the past 2 months, I kept busy working at Urban Harvest (terrific Toronto-based seed and gardening co., shameless plug: www.uharvest.ca), volunteering at a community kitchen and a new food alliance, moping and dwelling, applying to programs, laying low in Greektown, and eating popcorn.

One of the places I applied to work at was the Poughkeepsie Farm Project (www.farmproject.org) and after a heady visit, it turned out they liked me enough to offer me the position of Full Season Program Intern. After much strife, tears, long chats, and a really late night, I decided that this was an opportunity I shouldn't miss.

I am 2/5 of the way through my first week at the PFP, and so far it is going great. Because there is so much going on and I am so thrilled to be diving head first into all of it, I plan to use this space to document the season to some extent. I will be posting pictures, updates, reflections, etc in the hopes that this will help me remember the crazy times that I know are ahead.

I think that's what people use these things for!

No comments:

Post a Comment